A Date with a Book

Ta Ta for Now! - Bethany Lopez Written in diary form, I was a little worried about the potential of this book. None needed.I chose to read this book as I agreed to review for tour the third book in this series. I figured I should get caught up before reading the third book. Short books and quick reads I’m glad I decided to read them. This was a quick read without a lot of complexity. I liked how the author titled each entry with a number and title, not a date. There was reference to days of the week, but that was it as far as a date. The title gave a slight hint to the content of the entry.My favorite part was the portrayal of the family in this book. Melissa has an amazing and real family. Her parents and strong and supportive, but obviously still set boundaries for her as she is a 14 year old girl. The interaction among siblings was fun and real. They didn’t always get along, but they didn’t hate or fight all the time either.Great story and quick read. As a young adult read, I would agree younger teenagers as well as older readers would enjoy this book.