A Date with a Book

Somewhere Over the Freaking Rainbow

Somewhere Over the Freaking Rainbow - L.L. Muir I accepted this book for review from the author first because I loved the title and second I loved the cover. It was the previous cover, as the one above is her new cover. What do you think? The author also told me the story was about angels. I had never read a book about angels before.This book was a fairly quick read from beginning to end. Lots of action and story to keep you turning the page. At times I felt the writing was rough, but nothing that distracted from understanding the story. The book had its suspense and romance, as well as the growing up. I would definitely classify this book as young adult, but had the suspense and romance and paranormal all going on.I was very intrigued with the relationship Jamison had with his grandfather. This was probably the favorite part of the book for me. I could feel that Jamison loved his grandfather and would do anything for that man. I loved the Scottish accent as well. Quite fun to read.This is the first book in a series and I think I forgot that when I started reading it, so when I got to the end, I was disappointed it didn’t end. Not that it didn’t have a good ending, it just didn’t end. Typical for a first book in a series. I definitely will be watching for the second book of this series. I would recommend this to readers who like paranormal, mystery, and suspense in their Young Adult. And even if you don’t like Young Adult, there is still enough variety to keep you interested.