A Date with a Book

Death in the Memorial Garden

Death in the Memorial Garden - Kathy Deviny Review originally posted at A Date with a Book .I signed up to review this book for the tour because I was on a cozy mystery kick at the time. Needless to say, this book did not disappoint. While there were a few typos, the story and characters were a lot of fun. I’m not a fan of the cover, but I do love the title. This was a very quick read as well.There are a lot of characters and sometimes it was confusing as there were so many. My favorite character was Daniel. He was the organist and a very good one, but socially he was quite awkward and funny. He did add a lot to the story. All the others were enjoyable, just not as memorable as Daniel.I liked the setting and plot of the story. With the idea of the church building getting older and obviously wearing out and needing repairs, this did lead to a lot of questions and concerns with its continuing in service. This dilapidated state also could have opened the doors wider to the property developers who had their eye on the church and its buildings. I loved how this added to the suspense of the story.This is a very light hearted mystery, not too much depth involved with the characters or the location. I would definitely recommend this to all readers of cozy mysteries.