A Date with a Book

A Death in C Minor (Mick Chandra Mysteries)

A Death in C Minor (Mick Chandra Mysteries) - Rebecca Yount Original review at A Date with a Book I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this book as much as I did. I don’t know why I was so apprehensive in starting the book. As soon as I got into the book a few pages, the story took off and it was a quick read. I loved the tone of the book and this is what definitely had me hooked as well as the story.I enjoyed all of the characters whether they were “evil” or “good”. I loved how the author wove the story throughout all of the characters with their personal stories included. My favorite characters included Adam Marr, Jamie, Jess, Mick, Elizabeth, and the Colonel.Even though there are a lot of characters, their details and contribution to the story was not daunting. I loved how the author portrayed an amiable group of people/friends. This is where we were introduced to many of the characters and learned of their personalities. It was from this beginning that the reader needs to begin making his decisions on the suspect.I loved the duo of Elizabeth and Mick. Their relationship is interesting and fun, actually quite comical. This provided a lot of refreshing moments in a book that could be very dark and serious.After finishing this book, I checked out Rebecca’s website and was excited to see the next book in this series is due to release soon. I will definitely be reading the next one. I’m not sure if it will include Jess as a character, but I am hoping so.I highly recommend this book to mystery readers. Quite a clever and fun story!