A Date with a Book

Unwilling (The MacLauchlans, #2) - Kerrigan Byrne After reading the first novella, Unspoken, I could not wait for Unwilling. The author had told me this book was different from Unspoken, a little less erotic and a little more fighting. Even with those changes, I loved this book as much as the first. And if I had to choose a favorite, I would choose this one. Maybe it’s because I just finished it, I don’t know, but I do know I enjoyed the story she told. This book definitely got in with the action. Immediately you’re hooked with the fighting and capture of Lindsay. The pages turned quickly, especially after you meet up with Evelyn and Roderick from book one. I enjoyed these characters appearances and Evelyn again made me laugh. Lindsay was lucky to have Evelyn help her through the beginning and helped her to see what she was faced against.Now even with the book being a little less erotic and a little more fighting, it did not change the fact that the author can tell a story. As I was reading, I couldn’t help but think of the similarities between this little series and Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. So if you’re not sure if you would like that time period, setting, and type of characters, give this little series a try.