A Date with a Book

The Siren's Song (Romancing the Pirate, #3) - Jennifer Bray-Weber I was able to snag this book from Netgalley shortly after finishing book two in Romancing the Pirate series. I again enjoyed this historical romance setting of pirates. This author is amazing with weaving the females into such a known male area and time period. Gilly (Gillian) was such a great character who didn’t really understand or know all the trouble she was in. She was a strong female. Thayer, the ship's captain, was also strong, who tried to be really tough with Gilly, but did find he had a soft side with her.This read had great pace and I kept turning the pages. There is plenty of action on the sea as well as off the waters, in the town of Havana. There were a little politics involved, but nothing too heavy. Fairly quick read.The descriptions of the towns and seas are great. I can just imagine the darkness during the storms on the seas. Sometimes I felt like I needed to turn the light on brighter. I enjoyed the part of the book when it was describing the heists, the reason for them and why they were happening. There are a lot of underlying stories going on along with the main story. These side stories are what hooked me into liking both the hero and the heroine.