A Date with a Book

Just the Way You Are - Barbara Freethy I read this book because it was a choice from my weekly Kindle Shelf feature. I have not read anything by this author before, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book. If I could give the book a new title, I would call it My True Love.This book kept the pace and was a quick read. Definitely a book you could read in a day if you had a few hours. I continually found myself wishing I was reading it instead of getting done what I needed to done. This story revolves around seven characters: Alli, Tessa, Sam, Megan, Jimmy, Phoebe and William, eight if you add Phoebe’s late husband. Alli and Tessa are sisters who after their parents died moved in with Grandma (Phoebe) and met their friend Sam. This part of the story only happens over about a week’s time, but does reference history with Ali and Tessa, Grandma and Grandpa, and Tessa’s modeling life.I didn’t really like Alli. She seemed kind of whiny and not sure of what she wanted, but yet she wouldn’t look at what she had. I kept getting frustrated with her not being sure what she wanted. She was being touted as a successful business owner, but didn’t show it in her personal side. However, I wasn’t so sure I liked Tessa either because she had been gone from her home town for so long I didn’t think she would be happy there either. She had been so successful as a model, did she really know how to be grounded. I loved Megan and Phoebe. Their characters are what tied me into the story and of course what tied the story together. I also enjoyed the town and the memories it had for little Alli and Tessa. Storms did scare me as a youngster, but not for the same reasons that Alli and Tessa had.Definitely a great story!! While this is classified as a contemporary romance, I would also say it was a contemporary fiction and women’s fiction. It was a feel good story.