A Date with a Book

Enslaved in Shadows (Shadow Unit, #1) - Tigris Eden Wow, a lot of different feelings about this book. Overall, I did enjoy the story. The characters were amazing and how they intertwined in the end. I adored little Faith, even though there wasn’t a lot of her in this book, I just wanted everything to work out for her. All the varying types of paranormal characters were interesting, vampires, shifters, zombies, and others. Their interaction with each other and the humans was exciting. I also enjoyed the battles. I wish there would have been just a few more or a little longer. I also liked the connection between House Phoenix and Solon.What I didn’t care for was the foul language. I don’t mind the use of certain language when warranted, but I felt this book overused the foul language in many areas. Second, I didn’t anticipate this book to be erotic romance and I’m not sure so much as it’s erotic as it just isn’t romance, but pure sex. The approach didn’t work for me. Also, the scene with Marcus and the pencil and pain just threw me completely off. A little bizarre.The synopsis of the book makes it sound as if it’s such a great story, and it was, but I think it was buried a little underneath the language, sex, and bizarre.