A Date with a Book

The Teacher's Billionaire (The Sherbrookes of Newport, #1) - Christina Tetreault I read this book as part of a blog tour for this book. It was listed as contemporary romance which is a genre I really enjoy. While this is a fairly easy/quick read, I found the beginning slow. I don't know if there was too much set up or that it was just a slower paced read in the beginning. At almost the half way point, it picked up and caught my interesting and I was turning page after page after page. The story line did follow a similar plot line as all romances, but the author was able to keep it fresh with the characters.I did enjoy both main characters; Dylan and Callie. I liked both of them very well. I was still feeling bad for Callie having just lost her mother, however, she didn't let this keep her down and continued going forward with all that was happening. She also had a great friend who stuck by her side and helped her through the tough times; not taking over and pour pity over her, just being a good friend. I think all of the characters whether big or small in the plot line, did add great depth and interest to the story.I was excited when we finally got to meet Jake. I liked that he was able to take charge, but not take over. I was also excited to learn at the end of the book that the second book in this series will be about Jake. Can't wait for the second book to be released!