A Date with a Book

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble - H.P. Mallory Sometimes we think we need more in our life. Jolie had just done this and is now second guessing herself and wanting her old boring life back.This was a fun book. I decided to read it as I picked up the fourth book from Netgalley and decided I should hurry and read all prior books. I loved the cover(s) which also made me want to read the book/series.Definitely a quick read. Being the first book of the series, there is the need for set up, but this was very well done. Just adding a few characters and details a little at a time. I never did get overwhelmed with the information. At the end of the book, I did realize there was a lot of information, but it had been dosed in small amounts. Very well done by the author.The main characters are Jolie and Rand. I thought Jolie was a great main character. At times she kind of got on my nerves, but overall I did like her. Rand was okay. I did want for Jolie to connect with Rand, but decided he’s definitely not my type. I might have chosen Sinjin. Ooh, the bad boy.I was surprised with the level of “hotness” in this book. It was fine for me, but if you don’t like slightly detailed sex scenes, you may not want to read this book. I enjoyed this book very much. The fact that Jolie is learning she’s a witch is a lot of fun. The training, the fights, the wars, etc. makes for a great story.