A Date with a Book

Take This Regret (Take This Regret, #1) - A.L. Jackson,  Amy Lichtenhan Christian and Elizabeth were madly in love with one another until Christian makes a choice that drives a wedge into the relationship.I love a good contemporary romance. Many times I find the plot very similar to other romances, which is kind of what I expected here, but that was not the case. This book reminded me of the great many romances out there, but also had family conflicts which reminded me of novels by Kristin Hannah and Barbara Freethy.Elizabeth was a great mother who had taken her circumstances and done the best she could for herself and her daughter, Lizzie. Lizzie is adorable. I definitely fell in love with Lizzie as her dad did when he first met her. Christian is a great man, who made some poor choices and is trying to rectify those the best way he knows how. I think his father may have had some influence on these choices, but when Christian grows up, he can see clearly for himself.Even though this love story is mainly about the love between Christian, Elizabeth, and Lizzie, I can see the side love stories of Christian with his mother and father, and Elizabeth with her friend Matt and cousin Natalie. I really enjoyed Natalie’s character. She was supportive to Elizabeth and Lizzie, but very smart on her own. She was able to see things clearly and did not judge according to the past. She provided a fresh perspective and balance to the characters.There is a lot of relationship drama going on within the love story among the characters, but I enjoyed this. There is a lot of growth between couples and families. I think Christian’s mother is one strong woman, but only after she realized her weakness.Very well written and worth your time to read if you love romances. There is some strong language and a few descriptive sex scenes.