A Date with a Book

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire Wow!! There were so many feelings and emotions as I read this book that it was just amazing. While I put this as a romance book, it was not your typical sweet and mushy romance at all. It was rough at times, pulled at the heartstrings, made you mad, sad, and happy. There were times I wanted to close my eyes because I could not believe what was happening and then there were other times I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. I read this book in one day.I don’t really know what to say other than it was just amazing! I liked all of the characters from Abby and her supposed naivety, to Travis and his rough and toughness, their friends America and Shepley, and even Abby’s roommate Kara. There was Travis’ family of brothers and Abby’s dad. This book portrays very well that families are not perfect, maybe a little dysfunctional or a lot dysfunctional, but that we are all seeking something better. I also enjoyed the college setting. Having not actually attended college as a dorm student and living away from home, I really enjoyed the talk about the underground, the parties, the cafeteria, etc. I could picture the campus and excitement of college life. If you are looking for something to shake your world and take your time away from laundry, cooking, and other responsibilities, you should read this book. Just beware that you will be hooked within the first few pages.