A Date with a Book

Threat of Darkness - Valerie Hansen I chose to read this book as I have read several before from the Love Inspired Suspense collection of Steeple Hill. This book was definitely a quick read from beginning to end.I liked the suspense part of the story the best. There were several twists to the story. Not knowing what the suspects were looking for I kept reading to find out where the story was going. I did have the twist figured out before the end, but it was still a good read as there was much more going on than just that specifically.It was interesting to learn about volunteer case workers that work in the interest of an abused child. Samantha was a great character and her caring for Danny and his mom. She really supported them more than I think I would have if in that situation. Of course, her having been in that specific situation as a child would definitely make her understanding a lot greater.The romance part of the book was okay for her. It definitely was not your sweet or sweeping romance. It was very different.I would recommend this book to readers who have read from this collection before or those who enjoy christian fiction.