A Date with a Book

Wish I Could Have Said Goodbye - Shari A. Brady I chose to read this book because the synopsis was very appealing especially when paired with the title of the book. In the very beginning, I did not think I was going to like it. The writing seemed a little rough, but it was still a fairly easy read. The book did grow on me as I kept reading. When I finished, I was quite surprised with the rating I knew I would give this book. As soon as the book was done setting up what had happened and who everyone was, I fell in love with the power of the drama, emotions, and love that was all wrapped up in this book.My favorite character was Mrs. Sparacini, the bakery boss. Even though she was not a main character of the book, she had a strong influence on the story and the characters. Was it not her that was there for Howie and Carmella? And Carmella knew she could count on Mrs. Sparacini.I was amazed with how much growth Carmella had from the beginning of the book to the end. In the beginning she was withdrawn and running away from everything. In the end, she had become quite strong and I loved how she handled the situation with Donny. I think Howie had a lot to do with Carmella’s growth. He helped her be able to see things differently, whether it was that he had been there done that or that he really cared about her for who she was.All in all I thought this was a good book. I’m glad I had the opportunity to read it and glad I stuck with it.