A Date with a Book

Sweat - Mark Gilleo I really ended up enjoying this book as soon as everything started to click. In the beginning, you’re flipping back and forth between the different locations and people. Once you get enough of the details, it all clicked and took off for me. Definitely a page turner. I did enjoy the main character Jake Patrick. There are a lot of things I want to say about him, but realize it will give the story away. He was an all around good guy for the things dealt him in every situation. My favorite character was Al. Wait until you meet him. I hope you like him too. The mystery/thriller plot was great involving sweatshops, politics, and individual’s lives. I was intrigued by all the people involved who thought they were “innocent” as they claimed they were not involved in the crime from beginning to end. I also enjoyed the detectives. Great humor while they interacted with each other on the case.Definitely giving this book 4 stars. I highly recommend this book to readers of the suspense/thriller genre. Well worth your time. This is not a fluff book, you do have to pay attention, but it is not so heavy that you could get lost.