A Date with a Book

Dilemma - Jacquie Johnson Originally posted at A Date with a BookI chose to read this book for this tour as I love romantic suspense. There was definitely the suspense and the romance. It does get a little heated, but not too detailed. I would say on a scale of 1 to 10, this book’s romance scenes are a 6.This book was very quick paced and a quick read. I found myself immediately engrossed in the story. There were a few times that I felt the plot was a little thin and rushed but did not distract from the story overall.Alexis was a great main character. I loved her spunkiness and drive, especially when dealing with Jon. Her relationship with Ryder was quick, but very believable as they had been friends prior to this time. Jon was portrayed as a sleezy man and that was very well done. His interactions with Alexis gave me the creeps, but I did love how she stood up to him.The crime as it was being solved was very intriguing. I was so absorbed with what Alexis and Ryder were going to find next that each page turned very quickly. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I highly recommend this book to readers of romantic suspense and legal thrillers.