A Date with a Book

Forbidden Fire (Forbidden Trilogy, #2) - Kimberly Kinrade Originally posted at A Date with a BookSam and Drake are a cute couple. Even more a couple because of their paranormal ability. While we learned and got to know about Sam in the first book, this second book starts out with us learning a little more about Drake. Who raised him, who he lived with, and why he was so special to this person.Having escaped Rent-a-Kid, the kids are having to be extra careful. They are being tracked and hunted, but do not know by whom. This book picked up where the first book left off and the action continues. This book was also a quick read and more characters are introduced. It does get a little more gritty because of all that is happening, and Drake and Sam are getting a little closer. Their first date or what they title their first date is kind of fun.Other than the main characters, I really enjoyed Luke and Lucy. They are a great sibling pair. They sure have to mature quickly and try and help all the others at the school. Even though it was tough to lose their mother, they were able to become stronger and smarter to realize all that the abilities would let them do and be. This was a great second book in the trilogy. I would recommend this series to any reader 12 years and older who likes action and adventure. Definitely do need to read the series in order.