A Date with a Book

Mad Mouse: A John Ceepak Mystery - Chris Grabenstein Review originally posted at A Date with a Book. I’m hooked on this series. The characters that Grabenstein has created are great.. Ceepak and Boyle make a great duo. This is book two and so if you haven’t read book one, there may be a few spoilers in this review, but hopefully not too many. Check out my review of Tilt-a-Whirl for a great introduction.So continuing on with the series, this book is also a quick read. Not much in the style of writing has changed and a few more characters are added. With the story taking place in such a small town, I was worried it would be limited, but that is definitely not the case. With this book, you get to meet new people in town and visit more shops and restaurants.This mystery/crime centers around Danny and his friends which gives us more detail about himand what he does in his time away from work. It will also be decided at the end of this book if Danny gets the full-time position that is available after summer.The mystery itself was amazing. Not what I expected and definitely deeper than the last mystery Ceepak and Boyle solved. I did not guess who or what, until the end of the book.I would definitely recommend this book to those that have read the first book and recommend this series to those who like cozy mysteries. I wouldn’t classify this series specifically as such. It’s definitely not as heavy as Harlan Coben or James Patterson, but just as good. IMO!