A Date with a Book

The Burning Star (Star, #1) - Jessie Lane Review originally posted at A Date with a Book. I have to admit, the biggest reason I chose to read this book is the cover. I am a cover whore and I absolutely loved the cover. I am not a fan of fantasy, but figured there was enough realness to the story I would be okay.I loved the beginning when Kay meets Ryan and the mysterious surrounding exactly what she saw in the woods. Oh and then she meets another young man the next morning, Nick, and is finding herself booked with dates. I enjoyed the idea of the other world and how it fit in with Kay and what she had been experiencing in her own life prior to coming to Asheville. As the story unfolds, it does fit nicely together and keeps the momentum going.My least favorite characters were Kira and the Cat. I just couldn’t get into them and wasn’t sure how they fit in the story.Overall it was a good story. I would recommend this to older teens as there is some foul language, but not too over the top.