A Date with a Book

Cut, Crop & Die - Joanna Campbell Slan Originally posted at A Date with a Book This cozy was a free Kindle download and being book two of the series, I was a bit worried about being lost on some of the details. It was obvious I had missed book one action and adventure, but did not affect the details I needed for this book. This book was fairly a quick read. Sometimes I felt a lull while reading and realized a lot of the story did not revolve around the crime and the solving of the murder. While I enjoyed what went on in the personal life of Kiki, I did feel disconnected from the mystery and rushed when it was actually solved.I enjoyed Kiki’s character and the theme of scrapbooking for a cozy mystery. Kiki’s mother-in-law was quite hilarious with the mole problem and her wanting to help out in Kiki’s life. The spa trip was a great example. The questionable romantic connection with Kiki and the detective does make me want to continue on to the next book in the series.Overall, I enjoyed this book and the theme. The book does share some scrapbooking ideas at the end of the chapters and other extras as well. I would recommend this book to readers of cozy mysteries.