A Date with a Book

In the Band (Luminescent Juliet #1) - Jean Haus Originally posted at A Date with a Book When I read the synopsis for this book, I just knew I had to read it. First off, I am the mother of a female drummer who is quickly learning the downside of being female in a male world. I so totally connected with the book through that aspect and loved it, however, that was not all that was great about this book.My favorite character, even though I really connected with the female drummer Riley, was Romeo the guitar player from the band. What a complex character Jean Haus has created. From his toughness to him being very sweet, I thought he was a well developed character. All of the characters are very well developed making their interactions more intense and intimate.A great book with a well paced story that kept me turning the pages. This book was very memorable and I won’t forget it for a long time.I really think I have a like for the New Adult genre. I read Wake by Abria Mattina last year and was totally absorbed by the story, as much as I was this one. I think I have found another favorite genre.