A Date with a Book

Released (The MacKays #1) - Kerrigan Byrne I was excited that this series was continuing. Quickly grabbing it when it was released, life got in the way and it took me a few months to finally get to read it. I couldn’t wait to see what was in store for us with the Banshees as I loved the Berserkers. With the Berserkers in all their tough and teddy bear ways, I could just hope that the author was creating a female flip side that was tough but also beautiful and breathtaking.Katriona is a tough, beautiful lady. Using her powers, she finds they do not work. Or at least on Rory MacKay. Rory MacKay is promised to another lady, but Katriona’s Banshee scream is nothing but attractive to him. This was a rollercoaster love story, but one I absolutely loved. The emotions were hot and the differences definitely added depth to the story. The ending was surprising, but I liked it.I liked the paranormal elements that were a lot more prevalent with the ladies than in the previous Highland Historical books. Definitely added a new twist to the story and “scenery” in my opinion. A lot more magical and a little bit of fantasy. Definitely wanting a happily ever after ending.This is a novella, so the story is short and quick, but not rushed. There is information that is pertinent to book #2 (or book #4), so these books should be read in order. I highly recommend this book to readers of the Highland Historical series or readers of paranormal romance.