A Date with a Book

Divergent - Veronica Roth So I’m a little late on all the hype with this book and I’m kind of sad I didn’t read it sooner. I thoroughly enjoyed this book. However, in the very beginning of this book I thought it would be a great read for my 15 year old, but as I got further I realized this is definitely one of those young adult books that is more adultish.I loved the entire premise of the book with the different factions. I was fascinated with their differences, beliefs, and workings. As I was reading the initiation for Beatrice (Tris), I wondered if the other factions had their own initiations or because they were other characteristics they didn’t do that. The little glimpses we get from her time out and about just made me want to know more. There’s no much more to the factions and their interactions I hope there’s more to come in the next book.The relationships of Tris and Four, of Tris and her family, of Tris and the other fellow initiates are really strong. I think these relationships and interactions helped to build the story and keep it going with all the dystopian world building and describing. Many times my heart was breaking and other times my heart was jumping for joy.I would have to say this book was very similar to Hunger Game, but not the same. If you enjoyed Hunger Games and are looking for more, I definitely recommend this book.