A Date with a Book

Shark Girl - Kelly Bingham I’ve had this book on my Kindle for a while. I watched the movie over the holidays and decided I would read the book. Little did I know the two were not related. However, I really enjoyed the book. There were a lot of similarities between the two.The author has written the story more like a diary from Jane’s perspective. Picking up in the hospital after waking up for the injury, the story moves very quickly. The author has clearly covered all areas of concern for Jane and how she is able to deal with them. From interactions with her mom and brother, and extended family, all concerned about her returning to daily activities and being an artist. To her friends and their willingness to accept her with her being different now. And my favorite part was the relationship she makes with Justin, a little boy dealing with the loss of his leg.I would recommend this book to anyone who has seen the movie and enjoyed it. A very quick read. And also would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling with anything in their life. There was a great message about picking up and continuing on.