A Date with a Book

Scent to Her Grave - India Ink I was excited to start a new series with a new theme. I had not read anything with this type of theme before and was really excited. The setting was quaint and identifiable. Persia and her aunt are a great combination for owning the bath and body store. Their relationship is very unique in that they only have each other. Persia is just back to the small town from having lived away for some time, and has to work through issues of the past. Her aunt is a great reminder of the fact that things are different now.Persia is also faced with a murder in her Aunt’s story and does not want it to affect the business. Obviously this is both her and her aunt’s means of financial support. Taking on trying to solve the crime herself, as she doesn’t really trust the Police Chief, she also faces problems from her ex.There are lots of recipes for bath salts and oils and suggested uses. It would be a lot of fun to whip some of these up and use during reading time. Persia is a very modern sleuth and diverse character. I liked the freshness of this aspect, as well as the theme. The story was a little slow in parts, but overall a good crime to be solved.Recommend to those cozy reader mysteries who are looking for a new theme.