A Date with a Book

Death By Bourbon - Abigail Keam Review originally posted at A Date with a Book .I choose to review this book because it was a cozy mystery. I am very glad I did. This book is the fourth book of a series and while I knew I was missing some of the back story, I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery. I will definitely go looking for books one thru three.This book was a quick read as the pages turned very quickly. I loved the quirkiness of the characters and the main character Josiah was excellent. I love cozy mystery series that continue to build on one another and can see the potential and obviously what I missed.There are times when the phrases and language use older terms and sound a little English in nature, and while at first I was not confused, but maybe surprised, this really gave the story flair. I also loved Josiah’s pet Mastiff. Learned a few little facts about Mastiffs in this book.I’m excited to go back and read the earlier books in the series as I would really like to get some more background on Josiah’s daughter, Asa. When first introduced to her in this book, I was totally intrigued and would choose her as my favorite character.All in all, this was a great read and I would recommend to any cozy mystery reader.