A Date with a Book

If You Can't Stand the Heat - Robin  Allen Review originally posted at A Date with a Book .I was able to snag book two, Stick a Fork In it, from this series off Netgalley in the early summer and after reading it, decided I needed to read book one. It didn’t disappoint either. Check out my review of Stick a Fork In It.I thought I would be met with a lot of details and set up as usually comes with first books of a series, but that definitely was not the case. There were a few new details that I learned, but these are definitely cozies that can stand on their own and out of order.Poppy Markham's family is introduced and are great characters. My family favorite is her dad. Met with a lot of changes and hardships in this book, he is still a great dad.My favorite overall characters are still John With and John Without. They definitely add humor to the story and life of Poppy. It was a lot of fun to learn about Poppy’s dad, stepmom, and a little more about her stepsister. I thought the crime itself was pretty clever and I did have a hard time guessing who had done it. The scheme in the crime was pretty clever.There is a little bit of romance, not a lot, as expected, and definitely some wit. This is a great new series in the cozy mystery genre. I would recommend this book/series to all cozy mystery readers. If you are new to cozies, this would definitely be a good series to start out with.