A Date with a Book

Brownies and Broomsticks - Bailey Cates I chose to read this book was it had been a while since I had read a cozy. I was a little bit leary to read about witches and magic, but it definitely didn’t disappoint. There were spells cast and introduction to the magic, but it was done in a very cute way.All of the characters were very likeable and interesting. I still wonder if the neighbor will appear in the next installments of the series. I almost wonder if she is a witch as well. I thought Katie made an excellent sleuth. Very strong and smart. The mystery was very well done and I think I had it figured out about halfway through the book, but then decided I was wrong before it was revealed in the end.Of course, in a cozy there are two interested males in the female sleuth. May favorite after reading this book is Declan. Of course Steve was fairly “charming” himself.I recommend this to all readers of cozy mysteries whether you enjoy magic or not.