A Date with a Book

Stick a Fork In It - Robin  Allen What would be your last meal request? As one of the main ideas in the book besides the murder, this is just one of the humorous aspects of this book. I was able to receive this book through Netgalley and I chose it because it was a cozy mystery. This is one of the genres I wanted to read more of this year. I’m glad I requested this. It didn’t disappoint.The author has all the makings of a great cozy mystery. A great sleuth, Poppy, who works for the county doing food inspections. A crazy mother-in-law who lives it up and wants Poppy to buy clothing with color. Somehow their shopping trip never does transpire. Poppy is also juggling an ex-boyfriend and a current boyfriend, and as with other cozies, this definitely provides for some interesting times. Then there are the neighbors, John With and John Without, a hilarious gay couple. She is staying with them due to renovations on her own home because of an incident in the first book. This book had a lot of characters, not too many to keep track of, but enough to add laughter and spice.This is the second book in the series. The first book is a free download from Amazon right now. I will definitely go back and read that book in the near future. I think it will definitely fill in some of the gaps with history I didn’t understand with the relationships of the characters in this book.I think the author has great series. The only thing that is disappointing to me is I have to wait for another book.Note: I received a copy of this book from the publisher Midnight Ink via Netgalley.What to Read Next?Another humorous cozy mystery series is Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series. Again, I am waiting for the next release in this series. Ugh!