A Date with a Book

Final Catcall - Sofie Kelly Original review posted at A Date with a Book This is the first book I've read of this series. I did not find myself lost in this cozy town at all. I did get lost in the story and enjoyed all the characters. I also found that I want to go back and read the earlier books in the series.Characters: My favorite character of the entire book was Thea Paulson, Kathleen’s mom. What a character she was. Sweeping in and with her colorful personality and loving ways she was instantly someone I identified with. Kathleen has made great friendships in this small town with Maggie, Roma, Abigail, Mary and Susan. I was a little skeptical about how well I would enjoy the magical cats. They definitely had their place in the story.Location and Setting: This is a very cozy town. My favorite location was the library. I loved the Carnegie library description and actually had to look up what one was to understand it fully. Not living in an older part of the United States we don't get old buildings quite like that.Crime: Kathleen was a level headed sleuth. As she begins her investigation, she has a lot of information that could lead her almost anywhere. As she sifts through the suspects and information, I was thoroughly intrigued with the story. Romance: Being plagued with two loves in her life, Kathleen is certain she's done with the one. However, has he changed? And is Marcus really interested? The romance was very mild and just enough that it did not dominate the story.