A Date with a Book

Lowcountry Bombshell - Susan M. Boyer Original review posted at A Date with a Book Characters: The characters are well developed. Descriptive enough that you get to know them and can identify some of these characters in your own lives. Liz's family is quite entertaining, but very supportive. Wait until you get to have family dinner with her family. It is quite a treat. I liked all of the characters with one clarifying statement: At first meeting Colleen, I didn't know if I would like this type of character in the story at all, but by the end of the book, she had totally grown on me.Location and Setting: On a few morning runs with Liz, you get to take in a lot of sites around town. Other specific spots are visited through the investigation, with Liz on her dates, and a girl's night out. The bed and breakfast sounded very quaint and definitely a place I would love to stay.Crime: The dead body is in another town, how can it possibly be related? That's what I thought. I loved the mystery in this book. It was quite intense at times. The twists and turns kept me guessing at every page turn. Liz and Nate as crime solving partners are amazing. They definitely work well together and had me laughing at all their actions.Romance: The romance in this book is quite hot. More so than most cozies I've read lately. The scenes are descriptive, but do leave enough to the imagination. I enjoyed the tense moments with Michael and Nate.