A Date with a Book

Purses and Poison - Dorothy Howell Original review posted at A Date with a Book I am enjoying this series. There’s not a lot of depth with the characters, but definitely a lot of humor in the story. Haley is a perfect sleuth. As ditzy as she may seem because of her love of purses and not wanting to pay attention at times, she is able to settle down and solve the crime. She also is connected with her resources to assist her in getting what she need. I loved how Haley got wrapped up with the cat and kittens escapade.The murder in this story was unique to me. The story surrounding the murder was interesting as well as the event the murder took place. This kept me reading. I liked the setting as I was worried that being in the department store was going to limit the author to unique commission of murder.I liked the new characters and potential suspects in the crime. They added uniqueness and depth to the story. Also, Haley’s roller coaster relationship with Ty is quite hilarious and I will definitely be reading book three to find out how this continues.This is a great cozy series that I highly recommend to readers who like fluff and no much food for thought!