A Date with a Book

Ring in the Dead - J.A. Jance Original review posted at A Date with a Book When I received a request from the author to read her new J.P. Beaumont novella, I was honored. I have read several of the J.P. Beaumont novels, definitely not enough, and thoroughly love the character.The fact that it is a novella, or short story, does not leave anything missing in the way it was written. Complete and not rushed, the story tells of Beaumont's introduction to his partner Pickles. It is also Beau's first days as a detective for Seattle PD.I loved that it told of his personal life current and past. Learning more about his wife and his interaction with her definitely added dimension to his character. I will love knowing this as I continue to read the earlier installments in the series.If you are a fan of J.A. Jance's J.P. Beaumont series, I highly recommend you read this new novella. If you are wondering if you would like to begin this series and don't want to commit yourself to a regular size novel, definitely read this novella for a small introduction on the character J.P. Beaumont.