A Date with a Book

Dare You To - Katie McGarry Original review posted at A Date with a Book It’s been a little while since I read a young adult book, so when I saw this book on Netgalley and knew of the great reviews book one had received, I made the request. After receiving the book, I quickly found some time to read it. I loved it!! This was a very quick read and an awesome story.The title of the book is very leading of the plot of the story. I loved that aspect and was entertained by it the entire story. It encompassed not just the beginning and the few characters, but many characters and to the end of the book. I also liked how Beth and Ryan’s first encounter linked in many other parts of the book.There are many substories going on as well as the main story. I enjoyed all of them and how they entwined with one another. Definitely many emotions going on as I read the length of the book, from laughter, to sadness, to heartbreak, and amazement. This story will definitely make you feel all of these things. I also wanted to just yell at several of the characters and tell them to wake up. Very emotional evoking story, but not emotionally draining.After finishing this book, I checked out the synopsis of book one, but really wonder if I could enjoy that book as much as this one.I highly recommend this book to all readers of the young adult genre. And if you’ve read book one, let me know if it is worth the read!!